BE A PHYSICIANS FOR PEACE VOLUNTEER
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The attainment of health is a basic need that transcends race, religion, politics and geography;
- Education leads to empowerment;
- Collaboration makes our work possible;
- Respect anchors every successful relationship;
- Ethical Behaviour is at the center of our programs and operations;
- Professionalism All members shall act accordingly to the ethical standards of being a professional optometrist (has no derogatory records from your locality/place of practice, has no tie up with any medical profession engaged in unethical practice). Does not prescribe ready to wear reading glasses at any missions without conducting EOR; and
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for people who understand the importance of public health; who probably have some time in their busy lives who want to do something good for others , willing to invest time, energy and ideas for the organization
HOW TO BECOME A FULL FLEDGED VOLUNTEER
- You must at least be on practice of your profession for 6 consecutive years
- You must stand by your profession, follow ethical standards.
- You must have a strong desire to want to make a difference in a person’s well being
- Agree with the mission of the organization.
- Agree and act according to the core values of the organization:
HOW TO BEGIN THE PROCESS OF BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
- Download and Fill out the PFPP Membership-Volunteer Form.
- Submit together with an Endorsement Letter from your organization or from any Physicians for Peace Philippines Member/Volunteer.
- Wait for an Acknowledgement from the Physicians for Peace Office.